Maternity services and the women’s health department offer comprehensive obstetric care throughout pregnancy and during the postpartum period. Additionally, care is provided for a range of gynecological concerns and surgeries. We want your experience with us to be a cherished memory for you and your family. For the safety of our patients, especially our “little ones,” our doors are always locked.
Maternity Services Available:
- Dayspring Family Health provides caring, board-certified doctors who are ready to care for you and your baby before, during and after delivery.
- High risk consultations and ultrasounds are available through University of Tennessee Medical Center at Indian Mountain Clinic.
- OB and Family Practice Clinics available in Jellico, TN; Clairfield, TN; and Williamsburg, KY.
- Nursing staff with nearly 300 combined years of experience.
- Nursing staff that will lovingly care for you just as they would their own families. Our skilled staff is trained in fetal monitoring, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP). Additionally, nurses have NCC specialty certifications in Maternal-Newborn Nursing, Inpatient Obstetrics and Fetal Monitoring.
- Prenatal education classes offered monthly.
- Advanced fetal monitoring and central monitoring from the OB nurses station allows nursing staff and physicians to monitor your baby at all times.
- Ambulatory fetal monitoring system allows freedom of movement for a laboring mother.
- Slush Puppie machine in our unit for patient refreshment.
- Kangaroo/Skin-to-Skin care promotion after delivery and during the postpartum stay—providing numerous benefits to both mother and baby.
- Babies can room-in with mothers at all times, but a 24-hour nursery is also available.
- Spacious, private, newly-renovated LDRP (Labor/Delivery, Recovery/Post-partum) rooms are equipped with flat-screen televisions, telephone, private bathrooms, and a convertible couch for your loved one to rest.
- Hydrotherapy/whirlpool bath available for laboring mothers.
- Assistance with developing birth plans.
- Infant security system provides added safety for your special newborn.
- Several pain management options are available to laboring mothers including IV pain medicines and epidurals. Birthing balls, squat bars, and a rocking chair are also available for those mothers wishing to labor naturally.
- Breastfeeding promotion and assistance.
- Newborn photography to capture your precious arrival in a photo that you will cherish forever.
- Newborn hearing screens are conducted prior to discharge.
- Birth certificates are completed on the unit and Paternity Affidavit services are available as needed.